(Putting a Wheel on your Vehicle)
==== The Mobility of Ministry ====
“I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected. Then the LORD answered me and said:
Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie, though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.”
- LESSONS – 01
What is VISION?
Vision is a “REVELATION” of God’s project; or a drawn “PLAN” of God’s assignment, or a shown “PATTERN” of a thing that is yet to be realistic. It is an achievable PLAN of God revealed. Most times, the Vision (the Architectural Plan) of your assignment may not be revealed to you at once, but gradual as you progress consistently with God. God’s given vision is prophetically awesome. It is divine in nature and operation.
Humanly speaking, You cannot minus anything from it and you cannot add to it. For God gives “VISION” with specifications and with the understanding of time (timeframe).
“Vision” – a prophetic vision, dream, and revelation; especially the kind of revelation that comes through sight or illumination of the Word by the Spirit, namely a vision from God. Rooted in “Seeing” , “Beholding”, and “Perceiving” precisely God’s purpose, plan, and pattern for an assignment
Isaiah 1:1; Ezek 12:27,28; Dan 8:1,2; Obad 1; and Habak 2:2,3.
- LESSON – 02
Dangers of No Vision
Prov. 29:18 says,
“Where there is no VISION (revelation of God’s purpose and plan), the people cast off restraint.”
Where God’s given vision is absent in the church and ministry,
- the people grumble because of restrictions.
- The people encounter limitations and impossibilities in the midst of opportunities, and people face devices or restraining forces or influences that control their movement to progression and success. Absence of vision (a God’s given pattern) restricts advanced planning and movement.
- People interest will be very low in participation.
Where there is no vision,
- People will be blind to God’s opportunities (Open Doors) around them.
- People will under mind or take no advantage of their “Times and Chances” for greatness.
- People will be biased and lack willingness and confidence to serve
- People will be deficient in creativity (poor productive thinking).
- People will not be willingly available and proactive to serve.
- People will hold “Doctrine” in high esteem; they will sub-change Vision to Doctrine.
- People will submit at will to any anything that comes their way.
- Absent of Vision in church & ministry is absent of Values and Excellent Standard in service. Frustrations abound!
Visionary leaders understand God’s counsels so clearly well, because the Lord reveals matters to them by visible means, and they up-hold those matters tenaciously and uncompromisingly for fulfillment at all cost. This shows that when a local church or a ministry lacks any revelation from God (as constant divine insight), such a local church or ministry heads in the direction of anarchy – II Chro 32:32.
“VISION” is a destined PLAN of God in life and ministry.
It is your responsibility to FIND OUT or SEEK God’s face at every interval through prayers HOW FAR HAVE I GONE? How many kilometers have I covered with the Lord. How many kilometers do I still need to cover before I reach my destination? Remember it is a journey of FAITH.
Some ministers decided to end their ministry when they reached a particular checking POINT in life, especially when they see challenges or difficulty at a particular checking POINT on their way to destination. Some did not finish well in ministry before they ended their race in service.
“Vision” – the Manufacturer Plan
It is liken to a drafted “MANUAL” of an electronic device, or Operational Guides of a machine.
Every Manufacturer has a coded Pattern (MANUAL) for his product. This “MANUAL” gives descriptions of the product and the directives as per how to operate it successfully. In case the operator has difficulty, he can consult the “MANUAL”.
- LESSON – 03
You and the Vision
Between you and the revealed Vision, there is a “Huge-Gap” which must closed-up. For instance, God showing you (His Purpose and Plan) what exactly He planned to do with and through you from “Point A” to “Point Z.” And God will not reveal the details of the journey to you at once, not at all. It is as you progress faithfully with him.
We are SHAPED by where we are going – “Vision”
The Vision of God in ministry is gradual. You can imagine how many checking POINTS you will have to cross over before getting to your final destination “POINT Z”. Certainly, you are in transit now at whatever checking POINT you are in ministry. Apostle Paul said, “I have finished the race, and have kept the faith” – II Tim 4:7
- the gaps of unrighteousness (imperfection before Him) – Gen 17:1
- the gap of lack of moral conduct, character (self) and wrong attitude.
- the gap of poor utterance or wrong communication.
- the gap of indecency and disorderliness (no organization).
- the gap of ineffectiveness in leadership (poor administration).
- the gap of wrong perceptiveness (poor sighting and no fore-sight).
- the gap of pride, no cooperation and no submissiveness.
If the Vision is truly from God, then it must work on you first before it can be meaningful to the people and community. God’s vision will definitely consume and control you.
You are different from the vision God shown to you, likewise the vision is different from you.
The questions are?
- Who Are You in God’s Vision (in His plan for you)?
- What stuff (character) are you made off (your components and composition)?
This is where the Power of Vision comes in to do some spectacular internal works in you by the Spirit, a work of spiritual transformation from one level to another.
Jacob wrestled with God – Gen 32:24-30
The Power of Vision works IN you and THROUGH you by the Spirit of God:
- To x-ray or expose your value contents first.
- To refine your quality secondly to His purpose and plan ultimately.
- To re-orientates you with the vision, this is always a challenging time for many.
- To re-programs your heart and mind on His plan, experience strange moves of God.
- To have a knowledge and understanding of the vision (His Plan) for you.
- To have a bigger or full mental picture (intelligence) of the vision.
- To allow or orchestrates some situations and circumstances that would help conforms your thought-pattern (thinking and attitude) to His ultimate plan for you.
- To modifies your character strongly for your fulfillment.
- To makes you see (clear and right perspective) to vision in ministry.
- To empowers your sense of responsibility in fulfilling your vision in ministry.
- To sharpens your memory to be proactive in the Lord’s services – II Tim 1:6,7.
- To enhances your mental alertness and enthusiasm for vision fulfillment in ministry.
- To improves your spiritual drive and confidence in the work of ministry.
- To makes you relevant to spiritual revelations/information and its necessities.
- To enhance your sense of stability, consistency and fulfillment in ministry.
- To give mind of independence, creativity and focus in ministry.
- To give a sense of accountability and timing in ministry.
- To connect you to those that matter to your vision in ministry.
- LESSON – 04
Objectives of Vision
The Power of Vision transforms you first, because it is BIGGER and EFFICIENT than you. Interestingly, “Vision” will make you to see clearly the matters of God.
The objectives of “Vision“ are to make you have a right attitude and acceptance. And then makes you become what you have seen in a process of time. And then makes you become abnormal (different) to the normal people and your environment.
The power of Vision will wire you up, re-programs your being, or re-orientates your human faculty completely for accomplishment. Until you have experienced the above, you’re fulfilling nothing in ministry.
Moses was instructed by the LORD to build a sanctuary for Him, and that project should be done
“According to all that I show you (VISION), that is the pattern (PLAN) of the tabernacle and the pattern (PLAN) of all its furnishing,…” – Exod 25:1-9
And God went further to give the OBJECTIVE of the Vision to Moses.
“That I may dwell among you.”
Five Types of Visions:
- Heavenly Vision (God’s given Vision) – Dan 8:26; Acts 26:19
- Directional Vision (God’s directives at Macedonia) – Acts 9:10-12; Acts 16:9
- Special Vision for special service momentarily – Gen 28:11-13; Acts 10:9-20
- Human Vision which comes by human imagination or traditions – Gen 11:3,4,6
- Worldly Vision, having strong conviction or passion for the things of this world and flesh (earthly possessiveness) – Col 3:1-6
We have what we call
- Visionary Leader
- Visionary Church
- Visionary Pastor
- Missionary Church
- Visionary Missionary
- LESSON – 05
Principles of Vision
Habakkuk 2 : 2,3
We can take a POSTURE before God that will enable us to HEAR His voice.
He says, “I will stand my watch,” that means, there is a defined place to MEET with the Lord regularly in a special place of prayer.
There is one thing to know and understand the place of prayer, and is another thing to “Set Ourselves”, otherwise known as “Positioning Ourselves” for fervent prayer. He says, “And set myself on the rampart”. Positioning ourselves in the place of prayer for effectual prayer is the key factor to receiving God’s vision for our lives and ministry.
We must at all times demonstrate eagerness or seek for God to speak to us in dreams and visions. “And watch to see,” We must show the willingness and eagerness to HEAR from God, and to SEE God’s revelations in the spirit of prayer. God is still speaking and revealing great things to His children.
The word of God is another vehicle through which God reveals His counsel to His people. We must seek to listen attentively for the infallible word of the Lord. He says, “He will say to me”. Love the word of the Lord, look and listen for the word.
We must learn to write things down, particularly VISION of God, I mean, those things God is showing to you now for the future. He says, “Write the Vision”. Make it as a habit to keep records of God’s dealings and doings regularly. Keep a journal of issues that the Lord is saying to you and your family now. Do not live your life without proper recordings or writings. Have a lively DAIRY of God’s vision and communications both past and present.
We must always engage ourselves in effective and quality writing from a sound mind.
To make intelligent writings from God’s concept. He says, “And makes it plain on tablets.” It requires short sentences with meaningful points, not giving to confusion with long sentences. Well explanatory vocabularies that will drive or motivate the hearts and minds of the readers. The readers of your Vision would love to read you. They will like read and hear Who, What, How, and Where.
Therefore, your intelligent writing of Vision becomes a Vital Tool to generate interest, to motivate willingness, and to mobilize involvement and participation of individuals.
What does it mean to make VISION plain on tablets?
It simply means,
- To make your Vision Statement clearly,
- To make clear your Mission Statement,
- To make plain your Set-Goals in Ministry,
- To make plain the Aims and Objectives of your Vision Ministry,
- To make the Philosophy of your Ministry plain,
- To make clearly your Core Value-System in Ministry
- To make plain your Methodology and Mission Plan & Activities.
Intelligent writing of Vision and Mission Statement propels the readers to find a place in it to serve. Voluntary service and contributions of individuals to your Vision Statement in ministry is directly connected to the Intelligent Writings of your Vision. He says, “That he may run who reads it.” Intelligent statements or sentences in Ministry come from intelligent mind (sound mind). The connection between those who “read” and “run” is the clarifications, specifications, and plainness of the vision.
Today we live a life of impatient. Ministers don’t want to wait in prayer and service any more. In fact, waiting upon the Lord is fading away. Waiting on the Lord is NEVER a waste.
He says, “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, it will surely come, though it tarries, I will wait for it”. Today, people want fast food, fast ministry and quick responses from God, if not, they go ahead fast to do what they want. There is an appointed time and opportunity for the vision so wait for it. Do not rush into the ministry, or to do any assignment of God without the understanding of time. God is a God of time and season. Learn to wait in service – (Eccles 9:11). Did you know that God proves us better at waiting on Him. Our faith is tested at waiting.
Beloved, there is a place of waiting patiently on the Lord for the full manifestation of your ministry. It does not take time to raise a church Pastor, but it takes much time for God to make a Minister. Jesus says, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matt 4:19). “…For I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.” (Acts 26:16)
The link to buy the full book will be available soon